PCB Assembly Quote Required File
1. Bill of materials (BOM) in CSV or Excel format ------ PCB Assembly Quote Need
2. Copper, silkscreen, and solder paste layer gerbers in RS274X format ------ PCB Assembly Quote Need
3. Pick and place file or XYRS data file (Pick-n-place, component locator, or X, Y, rotation, side data – Centroid of parts) ------ PCB Assembly Need
1) Your BOM needs to provide the information in a machine-readable format. The following is a csv/xls/.xlsx example which would work for us:
|Reference Designator(s)||Value||Description||Digikey Part Number (or MFG PN)||Decal/package/Footprint (Optional)|
|C2,C6-C8,C11-14,16||.1uF 50V||High freq NPO||Capxxxx-ND||0603|
2) Gerber layers: For any side with SMT parts we need three layers: copper, paste, and silk.
|Copper layer||for scaling|
|Paste layer||for stencil (note: not solder stop or solder mask)|
|Silk layer||verification of the polarity of diodes, caps, and ICs.|
3) Pick and place file or XYRS information would be based on component centroid (or Pin1) and used by our pick-n-place machine.
This information allows us to perform a quick and near perfect placement of our SMT components.
|Reference Designator(s)||X||Y||Rotation||Side||(Preferred) Decal/package|
Although a CSV/XLS format is suggested for this information, we understand that various CAD programs will generate this
in a ‘text’ format that is ‘standard’ (for a given CAD system). Some custom formats that we currently support include:
PADs ASCII, Orcad Insert, and Eagle MNT.